Monday, June 1, 2026

Best Friends Forever

I was reflecting today that I met my best friend CC when I was 6 years old. We’re still friends 41 years later. He’s like my brother, and we’ve been through hell and back together. He was in my wedding. We both had sons around the same time. We’ve walked life together.

I find it interesting that Gauge and Troy also met when they were 6 years old and that they’ve become akin to best friends. Who knows what the future holds, but maybe they’ll also be friends 40 years from now! Wouldn’t that be something?!

And the best part is that they thoroughly enjoy being together all the time. In fact, they can’t wait to see each other again. They hang out at school and then at aftercare every day, but they still want to FaceTime every night and have play dates on the weekends. They have lots of common interests. They both love God. They act like brothers most of the time. Sure, they may wrestle and fight, but they make up and forgive each other too.

I never had a great relationship with my biological brother while growing up. He seemed more interested in torturing me and beating me up than being my friend. So, my relationship with CC was the best one that I had. We would have loved for Troy to have had a sibling, but it wasn’t in the cards. I’m glad that at least for now that he has Gauge to fill that void. And I’d love for them to stay best friends for the rest of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment