Saturday, June 13, 2026

Fists of Fury

After watching Troy in martial arts for months now, I noticed that his punches and kicks are kind of weak. He sort of limply throws his appendages out there in a manner that in no way would do damage to an opponent nor even intimidate them. So, I decided to buy a punching bag. My thought is that if he had “feedback,” then maybe he’d learn to throw them stronger. It’ll be good for naturally building muscle too.

Troy donned his little punching gloves and went to town on the bag today. His skinny little arms were a blur as he pummeled the bag left and right. He was dancing around the room while the bag swung slowly back and forth, darting in and out to land a blow and then retreat in defense. He even threw in a few side kicks just to make sure that the bag knew who was boss. After ten minutes or so, Troy finally stopped, chest heaving, sweat poring down his face, and a grin from ear to ear. I guess we’ll see if the newness will wear off, or if this will turn out to be his new routine. It won’t be a total loss though, because I’m planning to use it between work meetings too. I could always use another way to get my aggression and stress out.

No comments:

Post a Comment