Troy: “I really hope you get this question wrong, dada.”
Me: “That’s not very nice.”
Troy: “Well, you’ve answered like seven questions in a row! I think it’s time to move on to someone else.”
Me: “You mean move on to you, since it’s your turn next?”
Troy: “Well, yeah.”
Gammy: “How many daughters did King Neptune have?”
Me: “Seven. One for each of the seas.”
Gammy: “Correct.”
Troy: “Argh!”
Me: “Sorry, Troy, but I’m not done yet. I’m now one pie piece behind you.”
Troy: “This is where it starts to get hard. Let’s see what you’re made of!”
…two questions later…
Gammy: “What does Shang put at the top of a pole…?”
Me: “An arrow!”
Gammy: “You didn’t even let me finish, but that’s correct.”
Me: “That’s what I’m made of, Troy. And now we have the same number of pieces.”
…I missed the next question, and it was Troy’s turn…
Me: “What was the name of the Sea Witch in The Little Mermaid?”
Troy: “Uh…I know her, but I forget her name.”
Me: “Well, that’s the question. What’s her name?”
Troy: “That’s not fair! I know who you’re talking about. That should be enough!”
Me: “Sorry, that’s not how the game works. You have to answer the question correctly.”
Gammy: “Maybe if you tell him what letter it starts with…”
Me: “U.”
Troy: “Oh, Ursula!”
Me [fake complaining]: “Argh! When will someone else get a turn?! Stop answering everything correctly!”
Troy [smiling smugly]: “Sorry, dada. I can’t help it that I’m so good at this game!”
Me: “Yeah, you’re doing great, bud.”

No comments:
Post a Comment